History
An article describing the Village Hall’s original use as a school can be found here
The School was first established in 1829. The small meeting room and the kitchen in the refurbished hall were once the school classroom/hall, with the school toilets located in a brick outhouse at the end of the playground. Children were taught in 1 or 2 age-group classes, leaving school at 12 or 14 years. After the secondary school opened in Bruton (now called Bruton Primary) in the 1940s, the school in Lamyatt became, solely, a primary age school until its closure in the early 1960s. By the early 1970’s a Trust was established to manage the building as a Village Hall.


